Tunnel Engineering specialises in the design and manufacture of tunnelling machines and equipment for the construction industry.
As part of our ongoing expansion we are currently seeking an experienced Design Engineer/Draughtsperson
Reporting to our Design & Project Manager, you will be part of a team tasked with the design and development of tunnelling machines and associated equipment. Preparing innovative designs and detailed drawings, supporting sales, buying and production from order through to project completion – where time, quality and costs are imperative.
You will have practical experience of working in a manufacturing environment and to working processes, along with good interpersonal and communication skills – a team player with a ‘can do’ approach.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
The role is ideally suited to an organised, proactive and self motivated individual with a systematic approach to design and documentation.
- Production of design and detail drawings using Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD.
- Day to day liaison with internal and external contacts including: sales, planning, production/manufacturing, customers and suppliers.
- Supporting manufacturing activities through the build process with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Technical problem solving.
- Product development.
- Occasional travel on business.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety and Quality standards and procedures.
Key Skills and Experience:
Suitable candidates will have:
- Degree/HNC minimum in a mechanical or production engineering background.
- Broad design/draughting experience, mechanical engineering in Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of production engineering and quality systems – ISO9001:2015 and BSEN1090 EXC3.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of steel fabrications and equipment.
- Time served manufacturing experience an advantage.
Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team, the role is diverse and dynamic with good opportunities for career development and progression.
This is a permanent position, in return we offer.
- Competitive salary £30,000 + dependent on experience.
- 39 hour week.
- 25 days holidays plus statutory.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Secure free parking.
Please apply via email@example.com, marking your subject as Design Engineer / Draughtsperson.