Tunnel Engineering specialises in the design and manufacture of tunnelling machines and equipment for the construction industry.
As part of our ongoing expansion we are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineering Fitter to support our manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Assembly of components in a heavy engineering environment.
- Installation, maintenance and testing of tunnelling equipment and associated back-up equipment.
- Ability to work accurately.
- Ability to follow risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensuring all work is carried out a high standard including Quality Standard ISO9001:2015.
- Operating hand tools and shop floor machinery where required
- Good housekeeping and machinery maintenance.
- Occasional site visits for commissioning/maintenance.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety standards.
The following would also be advantageous:
- Forklift Truck Licence.
Standard working hours:
Mon to Thu: 07:00 to 16:00
Fri: 07:00 to 12:00
Plus overtime where required.
Candidates will ideally have City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications, however experienced time served candidates without these qualifications will be considered.
Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team, the role is diverse and dynamic with good opportunities for career development and progression.
This is a permanent position, in return we offer.
- Competitive rates of pay from £13 to £15 per hour (dependent on experience).
- 39 hour week.
- 25 days holidays plus statutory.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Secure free parking.
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org, marking your subject as Mechanical Fitter.