Tunnel Engineering specialises in the design and manufacture of tunnelling machines and equipment for the construction industry.
As part of our ongoing expansion we are currently seeking an experienced Working Fabrication Foreman to support our manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all workshop activities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Design & Project Manager on works packages in a heavy engineering environment.
- Understanding and supervision of good fabrication techniques.
- Supporting development opportunities.
- Fabricating a range of steel fabrications using MIG and TIG welding procedures.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Ability to work accurately and to ensure fabrications are to a high standard.
- Ensuring all work is carried out a high standard including Quality Standards ISO9001:2015 and BSEN1090 EXC3.
- Operating hand tools and shop floor machinery where required
- Good housekeeping and machinery maintenance.
- Managing consumables stock.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety standards.
Key Skills and Experience
Suitable candidates will have:
- Experience in steel fabrications and welding.
- Previous experience working in a heavy engineering environment.
- Understanding of production engineering and quality systems – ISO9001:2015 and BSEN1090 EX3.
- Forklift Truck Licence advantageous.
Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team, the role is diverse and dynamic with good opportunities for career development and progression.
This is a permanent position, in return we offer.
Competitive salary £30,000 to £40,000.
- 39 hour week.
- 25 days holidays plus statutory.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Secure free parking.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org, marking your subject as Working Fabrication Foreperson.