Tunnel Engineering specialises in the design and manufacture of tunnelling machines and equipment for the construction industry. As part of our ongoing expansion we are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineering Fitter to join our manufacturing facility. Candidates will ideally have City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications, however experienced time served candidates without these qualifications will be considered. In return for your commitment, our company offers a progressive career for motivated employees.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Assembly of components in a heavy engineering environment.
- Installation, maintenance and testing of tunnelling equipment and associated back-up equipment.
- Ability to work accurately.
- Ability to follow risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensuring all work is carried out a high standard including Quality Standard ISO9001:2015.
- Operating hand tools and shop floor machinery where required.
- Good housekeeping and machinery maintenance.
- Occasional site visits for commissioning/maintenance.
- Comply with all company Health & Safety standards.
The following would also be advantageous:
- Forklift Truck Licence
Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team, the role is interesting and varied with good opportunities for career development and progression This is a permanent position, in return we offer.
- Competitive rates of pay from £13.65 to £15 per hour.
- 39 hour week.
- 25 days holidays plus statutory.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Secure, free parking.
Standard working hours:
- Mon to Thu: 07:00 to 16:00
- Fri: 07:00 to 12:00
- Plus overtime where required.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent