Salary: £25,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
Reporting to our Design & Project Manager, you will be part of a team tasked with the design and development of tunnelling machines and associated equipment. Preparing innovative designs and detailed drawings, supporting sales, buying and production from order through to project completion – where time, quality and costs are imperative.
You will have practical experience of working in a manufacturing environment and to working processes, along with good interpersonal and communication skills – a team player with a ‘can do’ approach.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
The role is ideally suited to an organised, proactive and self motivated individual with a systematic approach to design and documentation.
- Production of design and detail drawings using Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD.
- Day to day liaison with internal and external contacts including: sales, planning, production/manufacturing, customers and suppliers.
- Supporting manufacturing activities through the build process with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Technical problem solving.
- Product development.
- Occasional travel on business.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety and Quality standards and procedures.
Key Skills and Experience:
Suitable candidates will have:
- Degree/HNC minimum in a mechanical or production engineering background.
- Broad design/draughting experience, mechanical engineering in Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of production engineering and quality systems – ISO9001:2015 and BSEN1090 EX3.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of steel fabrications and equipment.
- Time served manufacturing experience an advantage.
Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team, the role is diverse and dynamic with good opportunities for career development and progression.
This is a permanent position, in return we offer.
- Competitive salary £25,000 to £45,000 – dependent on experience.
- 39 hour week.
- 25 days holidays plus statutory.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Secure free parking.